Are you preparing for the top rung on the ladder?
Each lawyer in this diverse group is seeking leadership roles with significant business, managerial, and leadership components. They’d like to obtain equity partnership, C-suite roles like chief legal officer (CLO) or general counsel (GC), or other leadership positions.
In most cases, they’re eyeing the next run on the law firm or corporate ladder. However, each faces a different set of challenges depending on practice areas, target employers and industries, and other individual factors.
Executive lawyers may include attorneys with:
- 15 to 45 years of experience, with compensation packages clustered between $200,000 and $500,000
- Corporate leadership roles such as GC at start-ups, regional or statewide companies, or other non-Fortune 500 companies
- Corporate legal department leadership roles such as deputy general counsel (DGC) or head of a practice group in a large corporation
- Law firm leadership roles such income partners
- Government or non-profit leadership or supervisory roles such as commissioner, deputy attorney general, and executive director
Executive-track and partnership-track lawyers may include attorneys with:
- Generally 7 to 15 years of experience, with compensation packages clustered between $150,000 and $350,000
- Assistant general counsel (AGC) roles in Global 100 and Fortune 500 companies, subsidiaries, or other businesses
- Senior associate and Of Counsel roles in prominent law firms
- Prosecutors and other government attorneys moving to supervisory roles or the private sector
Quite simply, our goal is to help you level up.
Among the greatest challenges for these lawyers is preparing to take the next step up the ladder, including building a strong foundation and a suite of career portfolio documents. (If you’re looking to downshift, then we can help you with that too.)
Just a few of the areas we can help you with are:
Writing and Branding
- Résumés and CVs
- Cover letters and correspondence
- LinkedIn profiles
- Deal sheets, representative matters, and sample projects
- Listings of presentations, speaking engagements, and media mentions
- Leadership bios
- Recruiter questionnaires
- Marketing and website copy
- Business plans
- 30-60-90 day plans
- Creation and articulation of a clear professional brand
- Identification of value and impact
Immediate Career Decision-Making
- Working with retained legal and executive search consultants
- Moving in-house from a law firm or other lateral moves
- Demonstrating industry-specific or problem-specific track records
- Building career narratives around non-linear work experience
- Developing a potential book of business
- Getting sponsors and mentors
- Leveraging early career or military experience
- Getting credit for language and cultural fluencies
- Changing job markets
- Deciding among job offers
- Preparing for job interviews
- Negotiating salary
Long-Term Career Planning
- Networking and relationship building
- Building and showcasing thought leadership
- Positioning for corporate or nonprofit boards
- Identifying your best fit roles and employers
- Identifying technical or experiential soft spots, as well as building plans to beef them up
- Creating and moving toward end-goals
- Planning for retirement
- Looking forward to giving back and post-retirement fulfillment
Most of our executive and executive-track clients don’t want long-term career coaching packages. Instead, they have specific, periodic need for a strategic career adviser and partner. Our career coaching is designed as a simple, elegant solution: just tell us the issues you’d like to discuss, and send us your current résumé (Don’t worry: it doesn’t have to be in great shape) so that we have some context. We offer general career coaching, coaching with executive / legal recruiters, job search coaching, career decision-making, and more.
On-Demand Résumé Writing
Today, Bryce Legal offers two tracks for writing: on-demand and bespoke.
Our on-demand services let you get the help you want, when you want. For example, we offer real-time résumé writing via screen share. The Résumé Cram with Live Edit can be a critical tool for lawyers in a hurry to improve their documents quickly and dramatically. Because we need time to discuss your positioning, branding, and overall career narrative, we find clients at this level in their careers prefer the 120-Min Résumé Cram with Live Edit.
Bespoke Résumé Writing
If you need an intensive, deep dive into your career or a more holistic approach to your career narrative / branding, then the bespoke track may be a better option. Our multi-step bespoke process is gives us more time to position you for the future.