Are you a purple squirrel?
Finding a job often isn’t the biggest challenge. C-suite lawyers and equity partners are often more concerned about finding the right fit, and in some cases raise concerns that their particular set of background, achievements, and career interests make finding the perfect fit difficult.
Likewise, boards of directors, executive leadership teams, and retained recruiters may consider these C-suite attorneys and equity partners to be “purple squirrels,” an executive and legal search term used to refer to candidates with a valuable—and hard to find—combination of qualifications.
Our goal is to help you understand, articulate, and leverage your value in the marketplace—and to help you become a target of acquisition. For most clients, this means scrapping old career documents they’ve been cobbling together for decades. Instead, we replace them with an elegant career portfolio designed to appeal to the highest levels of corporate and law firm leadership, including boards of directors and management committees.
In a handful of cases, these lawyers are looking to downshift, wrap up their careers, or switch to a rewarding encore career before retirement. We can help you with that too.
We’ve been privileged to partner on career coaching and writing projects with some of the top attorneys in country. Many of Bryce Legal’s clients have:
- 15 to 35 years of experience
- Annual base salaries ranging from $350,000 to $1,000,000, with some having multimillion-dollar total compensation packages
- Corporate leadership roles such as chief legal officer (CLO), chief operations officer (COO), general counsel (GC), and deputy general counsel (DGC) at Global 100 / Fortune 500 companies or their divisions, major subsidiaries, and business lines
- Law firm leadership roles such managing partners, practice group leaders, and equity partners in AmLaw 200, Magic Circle, elite boutique practices, and other law firms of all sizes
- Government, agency, or institutional leadership roles in organizations such as the military, federal agencies, state government, universities and colleges, and national non-profits
Just a few of the areas we can help you with are...
Writing and Branding
- Résumés and CVs
- Cover letters and correspondence
- Deal sheets, representative matters, and sample projects
- Listings of presentations, speaking engagements, and media mentions
- Leadership bios
- LinkedIn profiles
- Recruiter questionnaires
- Marketing and website copy
- Business plans
- 30-60-90 day plans
- Professional branding
- Identification of value and impact
Immediate Career Decision-Making
- Working with retained legal and executive search consultants
- Moving in-house from a law firm
- Demonstrating industry-specific or problem-specific track records
- Building career narratives around non-linear work experience
- Leveraging early career or military experience
- Getting credit for language and cultural fluencies
- Changing job markets
- Deciding among job offers
- Negotiating salary
Long-Term Career Planning
- Networking and relationship building
- Building and showcasing thought leadership
- Positioning for corporate or nonprofit boards
- Identifying your best fit roles and employers
- Identifying technical or experiential soft spots, as well as building plans to beef them up
- Creating and moving toward end-goals
- Planning for retirement
- Looking forward to giving back and post-retirement fulfillment
Although we have developed long-term relationships with many of our clients, most of our C-suite and equity partner clients don’t want long-term coaching packages. Instead, they have specific, periodic need for a strategic career adviser and partner. Our career coaching is designed as a simple, elegant solution: just tell us the issues you’d like to discuss, and send us your current résumé, bio, or profile so that we have some context.
On-Demand Résumé Writing
Our on-demand writing services let you get the help you want, when you want, at a lower price point. For example, we offer real-time résumé writing via screen share. The Résumé Cram with Live Edit can be a critical tool for C-suite lawyers and equity partners in a hurry to improve their documents quickly and dramatically.
Because we need time to discuss positioning, branding, and overall career narrative, we find c-suite and equity partners prefer the 120-Min Résumé Cram with Live Edit in order to make substantial progress on their documents. We also have a 1/2 Day Résumé Cram with Live Edit option.
Bespoke Résumé Writing
If you need an intensive, deep dive into your career or a more holistic approach to your career narrative / branding, then the bespoke track may be a better option. Our multi-step bespoke process is gives us more time to position you for the future.
Sample Client Testimonials from Top-Tier Lawyers
Why work with Bryce Legal? How can you choose the best lawyer career coach and legal résumé writer for you? Here’s what just a few our clients say. To read hundreds of client reviews and testimonials from attorneys, please see Our Client Testimonials.