We have a long history of happy lawyers and tangible impact on their careers.
Let’s face it: choosing a lawyer coach and résumé writer is a big decision. You’re not just choosing an expert, you’re also choosing the best partner for you. As you make your decision, it helps to see feedback from past clients.
Since Shauna C. Bryce first formally founded her career boutique for lawyers in 2006, our goal has been to deliver the highest quality career advising, writing, and client experience. Lawyers often have strong opinions and, over the years, our clients have been generous in letting us know how they felt about whether we’ve succeeded. And because we try to stay in touch with our clients over time to ensure they’re on the right track (we now conduct 3-month, 6-month, 1-year, and 2-year follow ups), they’ve had a chance to let us know if we:
- Made a difference in their job search, confidence, interviewing, or decision-making?
- Constructed practical action plans that addressed their individual situations?
- Added knowledge and perspective they couldn’t have gotten elsewhere?
- Wrote résumés, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, and other career documents that worked?
- Gave excellent value for their investment?
- Provided a seamless and positive client / customer service experience?
- Positively impacted their career outcomes?
Client Testimonials and Feedback
We've created a searchable database with hundreds of client testimonials. (No easy task, but we did our best!) Even so, they represent just some of the client feedback our founder, Shauna C. Bryce, has personally received from coaching, on-demand writing, bespoke writing, and LinkedIn clients.
“You’ve given me confidence to deliver the explanation in a job interview. That gives me a lot to chew on. That's plenty to work with.”
- Lawyer rebuilding career
“I can't thank you enough for your outstanding advice!”
- In-house financial services lawyer
“Dear Shauna, Thanks for your help today. I appreciate your patience and skill at breaking down my stream of consciousness style responses into a compelling résumé.”
- SME in culture and the arts
“Hi Shauna, I hope all is well. I joined a leading Asian [company] with a digital asset division as its Chief Operating Officer and Senior Counsel.”
- U.S. lawyer serving Asian financial services sector
“Your plan is such a relief, because it makes so much sense to me and what I’ve been doing just hasn’t been working. This is so helpful.”
- Junior attorney job hunting and networking in a new geographical market
“I feel much better about where I am. I really tried to take to heart what you said about less technical and Navy jargon, and more plain English and relatability. Before my résumé didn't have a clue. Now people can read it, and it makes sense. For the first time, my spouse understands what I do.”
- Second-career lawyer
“I just wanted to say thank you for a great session. I’ve got plenty to work on now. As I mentioned, I’d like to schedule another session... But thanks again for today. It was very helpful.”
- Legal consultant pivoting toward in-house litigation roles
“Thanks for doing the résumé. It really tells the story, which is a difficult thing because my path isn’t linear; it’s very broad. But it all rings true to me. Overall, it’s exactly what I had hoped it would be. And I’ve told many people I couldn’t have done it that way. I wouldn’t even have thought of doing it that way. I’ve been telling folks that I wish I had met you years earlier.”
- JD/MBA on building a focused career narrative from a winding career path
“It seems so intuitive when you explain it. This is showing me how to put my résumé together. Now that I understand what you're trying to do and why, I can get to work myself.”
- Long-time engineer recasting experience for second act as a lawyer
“The résumé and cover letter look pretty good. I’d always had the assumption of a one-page résumé, but I can see that I couldn’t convey very much that way. I’m glad we could include more relevant detail. They’re very strong.”
- General business litigator lateraling to another law firm
“It’s so much easier to read and punchier. This is so exciting! It looks so much better. I’m so glad I did this with you. It was worth every penny to work with an expert.”
- Healthcare transactions attorney
“Shauna, Thank you so much for the call today and your insight. This [follow up] email is also very helpful. I would love to continue working with you to revamp my résumé. Thank you again for your time today.”
- Law firm litigator exploring government and in-house options
“I now understand why I haven't been getting as many hits on my résumé as I had hoped. You've given a lot of food for thought. I feel like so much of the time, it's just the blind leading the blind. This has been so helpful, educational, and eye-opening.”
- Senior-level consumer finance attorney
“You’re totally making me very happy with what you’re saying. I truly believe in hiring professionals and experts, and I recognize that I’m not. I’m very pleased with how this going.”
- Mid-level SME in environmental, safety, and health regulations
“Hi Shauna, Thank you again for taking the time to review my materials and speak with me today. I’m grateful for your valuable insight on how I can move forward, and I will be sure to keep you updated on my progress.”
- Recent law school graduate exploring U.S. and international market options
“Using your CV, I’ve gotten into all the firms I targeted, I’ve gotten into the doors I wanted to get in. It has served me very well. The résumé was perfect. It pitched me for the roles I wanted, at the level I wanted. I want to keep working with you every year to keep the CV fresh. I’m tired of rushing around at the last minute.”
- Financial services COO and GC
“All I can say is, ‘Damn, woman, you are good!’”
- Senior in-house counsel in insurance and financial services
“All is well. Employed at the [state] Department of Healthcare Services and very happy.”
- Six-month update from litigator transitioning to government
“This is great. I love everything you said. I completely agree with what you’re doing and I totally understand why you’re doing it. I can take what you're doing and keep working on my own. Super helpful!”
- Non-profit general counsel
“Thanks so much for checking up on me. My transition is going very well. I like my new position a lot and have been enjoying life in [new state]! I hope that you are also doing well and please give my best to Shauna!”
- BigLaw associate receiving outplacement / law firm transitions services
“I have really appreciated your support.”
- International financial services GC
“You make things seem really doable. It’s such good information, so good to know. And it’s put together in a way that I can actually do it.”
- Fortune 250 AGC transitioning to GC roles
“I can’t improve on what you’ve done with my CV. You do amazing work. It really tells a story.”
- General counsel and strategic growth partner for Fortune 250 multinationals and rising leaders
“Shauna, Thanks so much for all your help! I very much appreciate your invaluable insights.”
- Junior attorney seeking federal clerkships
“Thank you for the draft and the wonderful session. I can’t wait to work on my résumé tomorrow.”
- Healthcare attorney in-house at healthcare systems
“For years, I’ve looked—on paper—like a hot a mess. I'm so grateful to you already. I've really found this process very valuable. It seems much more fun to think of and write my résumé as story about my career, rather than using the same old boring résumé format and language everyone else uses. I'm excited to continue working on my own.”
- In-house healthcare attorney looking to advance
“These ideas for meeting people and building thought leadership are really great. I especially appreciate the scripts for networking. This goes with my career development plan—whether I stay with my current employer or move.”
- Senior assistant general counsel and division general counsel for Fortune 500
“I'm so glad I talked you! It's really helped me feel grounded and better prepared. I like your idea about reframing the interview into a conversation, which makes it less nerve-racking.”
- Senior in-house litigator preparing for job interviews
“Shauna Bryce -- she helped me craft a résumé after 5 years as a SAHM (stay at home mom). I was a lawyer and she did an amazing job marketing me. I am tempted to hire her again now that I’ve been back to work a while to help refresh it. She’s really good at what she does. Highly recommend. Shauna wasn’t cheap - especially since I wasn’t working at the time, but was worth it to me. She was interesting because she was able to translate my unique working experiences. I got a job within 6 weeks of switching up my résumé. She did an excellent job.”
- Posting on “DC Urban Moms and Dads” forum
“Thank you so much for your time yesterday. I found your insight and guidance very valuable and I will keep you posted! I look forward to speaking with you in the future... Thanks again!”
- Entry-level lawyer exploring career opportunities in fintech, blockchain, and cybersecurity
There are too many to fit on one page, so use these tools to find the testimonials that are most relevant to you...